Snort mailing list archives

Re: Phil is coming out of the closet

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 13:36:30 -0800

Phil Wood wrote:

Folks,

[...]

and a new offering:

  2. libpcap-0.7.0329.tar.gz, README, size: 271518, version: 0.7.0329
     A libpcap version which supports MMAP mode on the linux kernel 2.4.x.

The libpcap you heard about in a previous mailing.  It has been around
for some time, but never before exposed on a web page!  All past references
are null and void.  The above should ./configure on a 2.4.18 system just
fine.  If it doesn't I'd be glad to help with any questions.  Actually,
I'm also running it on a 2.2.x system watching an old fddi ring.

Given the dearth of response, I'm thinking that all you BSD geeks have
scared the linux weenie's so bad that they all switched their OS's.

Ouch...

I'm not sure if it's still under development but Mike Stolarchuk has
been working on modifications to bpf to do this for quite some time.  I
hope it gets finished up soon. :P

[...]

Later,

Phil, http://public.lanl.gov/cpw

-Jeff

--
http://jeff.wwti.com            (pgp key available)
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."