Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unable to start snort version 1.8.6 in Daemon mode

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:33:07 -0500

According to rakesh () isac ernet in:
Also, parsing of some of the rules having lines with the word "flow:" fail in
interactive mode. How to solve it?

Those rules also fail in daemon mode as well.  You are using the wrong
signatures.

Since this is a common problem, I've added a bit of information to the
downloads page regarding which files you should download for which versions,
as well as putting the signatures in a more obvious directory.

http://www.snort.org/dl/signatures/

For those of you automagicly downloading signatures, all of the old URLs
still work, but this is the place to look.

--
Presumably I'm the condemned man and obviously you're the hearty breakfast.