Snort mailing list archives

[ANN] HenWen 1.0.2 for Snort

From: Nick Zitzmann <nickzman () mac com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:53:41 -0700

HenWen 1.0.2 is out. You can download it now from my software page.

If you missed my last few announcements, here's the description: "HenWen is a network security package for Mac OS X that makes it easy to configure and run Snort, a free Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS). HenWen's goal is to simplify setting up and maintaining software that will scan network traffic for undesirable traffic a firewall may not block. Everything you need to have is bundled in; there is no compiling or command line use necessary."

In other words, it's like an IDScenter for Mac OS X. (But it's not based on IDScenter at all.)

This new version is mostly a minor maintenance update with no big new features - unless you live in a place where German is spoken. That's right, HenWen is now available in German. I also added a lot of new documentation to explain what some of the alerts mean.

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/