Snort mailing list archives

RE: A couple more questions

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 00:51:41 -0700

Archer,

Glad to help.

Happy Snorting...

- Michael

mailto:michaels () silicondefense com

-----Original Message-----
From: Archer [mailto:archer () ironcomet com]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 12:41 AM
To: Michael Steele
Subject: Re: A couple more questions

Michael,

Thank you very much for your help. I made the change to $HOME_NET and
now
the logs are all but empty! So thank you, that is what we wanted. We
want it
to log just what comes from the outside. We don't need internal support
since we have regularly updated desktop firewalls on all machines and
users
are not allowed to edit the rules. So, our internal network should be
pretty
well locked down.

Thanks again for you all of your help. You have done a great service to
the
Windows community.

Archer