Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problems logging to syslog and mysql simultaneously

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:22:08 -0700

Don,

Ok, Is your MySQL on the same machine as your Snort, and Syslog? In your
output database line, have you selected host=127.0.0.1 ? In MySQL my.ini
setup I have bind-address=127.0.0.1

On our machine we are running Snort, MySQL, and our Syslog on the same
machine.

-Michael
--
 mailto:michaels () silicondefense com