Snort mailing list archives

Re: select rules

From: "DoL" <dwylau () netvigator com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:56:03 +0800

Thankyou all.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: McCammon, Keith
  To: DoL ; snort-users () lists sourceforge net
  Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 1:45 AM
  Subject: RE: [Snort-users] select rules

  Rules can be called from an include, which tells Snort to follow the path to the rules file specified, and load it at
initialization.  Rules can also be included in snort.conf directly.

  If you want to deactivate a single rule within any list of rules, you can:

  1) delete the rule and re-initialize Snort,

  2) place a # in front of the rule, commenting it out, and re-initialize Snort, or

  3) write a pass rule with the same properties in local.rules (or wherever you prefer), and re-initialize Snort with
the -o option.

  Cheers

  Keith