Snort mailing list archives

Re: My Webservers Are Showing Up In My Alerts

From: matt <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:33:18 -0400

If I'm reading you right, you've fixed one problem, but still have a problem where it looks like your squid server is attacking other people's networks.

Have you tried modifying EXTERNAL_NET to not be "any" but instead be "!$HOME_NET" or "!$HTTP_SERVERS". If you're only interested in inbound attacks I'd highly recommend it as it will speed snort up, and kill this kind of false alert.