Snort mailing list archives

Re: Current Rule Set

From: D W <esecure1 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:01:43 -0700 (PDT)

Duane,

Most likely, there are rules being referenced that you
do not have properly defined in snort.conf. Your error
message should indicate which rule(s) is causing the
problem. This often happens when turning on all the
rules by default.

If in doubt, post your exact error message and I'm
sure you will get a response to solve your problem.

Hope this helps!

--- "Hall, Duane" <hallu () hastings-ent com> wrote:
I just loaded the current rule set and am getting
rule errors when
me which rules are
having errors?  It tells me that there are bad
ports.

Duane

**************************
Duane Hall
Security Administrator
Hastings Entertainment, Inc.
806-351-2300 X-3945

54 68 65 72 65 20 69 73 20 6e 6f 74 68 69 6e 67 20
68 65 72 65 2e

Don't miss the 2002 Sprint PCS Application
Developer's Conference
August 25-28 in Las Vegas -

http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm?source=osdntextlink

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com