Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort not logging

From: Rob Hughes <rob () robhughes com>
Date: 09 Jun 2002 14:58:02 -0500

On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 15:01, steve nutt wrote:

I am tailing alert and messages files on both boxes. When I port scan from
the internet side I get alerts on the firewall box but no alerts on the
snort box. Any ideas for no alerts being logged to the snort box????

Try starting snort with just snort -c <your config path/file> and make
sure snort is seeing packets. Also, does the output of ifconfig show the
interface snort is listening on to be in promiscuous mode?