Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort & Acid on OpenBSD 3.1?

From: Addam Schroll <addam () purdue edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:08:11 -0500

The more recent version turns off register_globals by default, which prevents ACID from passing the graph variables to phplot correctly. The phplot tests still work because they don't rely on global variables.

The graphing should work if you set register_globals to 'On' in the php.ini file (probably in /var/www/conf or /usr/local/lib). Be aware that it was turned off due to issues involving variable poisioning. See the following for details:

  http://php.net/manual/en/security.registerglobals.php

Addam

arlenf () earthlink net wrote:

I'm running OpenBSD 3.1, Snort 1.8.3, gd 1.8.4, php4-4.1.2, MySQL 3.23.49, PHPlot 4.4.6, and ACID v0.9.6b21. [Whew!]

Everything seems to be working ok except for graphs.  The test graphs (PNG and JPEG) work properly when I point my
browser at http://localhost/phplot-4.4.6/examples/test_setup.php.

Any ideas?
Also, how do people handle multiple sensors with Snort/Acid?  NFS? (yuck).

TIA

-Arlen