Snort mailing list archives

RE: bpf filter

From: "Ashley Thomas" <athomas () cc gatech edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:49:06 -0400

try
icmp and not dst net x.x.x.x/24
that is same as what you need i guess.

-ashley

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
[mailto:snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net]On Behalf Of Omolayo
Salako
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 11:34 AM
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] bpf filter

i am trying to write a bpf filter and i get this error message, i am
doing it as root. any pointers

 snort -i eth4 not dst net 10.x.x.0/24 ip proto icmp
Log directory = /var/log/snort

Initializing Network Interface eth4
WARNING: OpenPcap() device eth4 network lookup:
        SIOCGIFADDR: eth4: Cannot assign requested address
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
        parse error
PCAP command: not dst net 10.x.x.0/24 ip proto icmp
Fatal Error, Quitting..