Snort mailing list archives

RE: Email alert and porscan.log on a daily basis

From: "Don" <Don () WeberOnTheWeb com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:15:11 -0700

get kiwi syslog, i have a snort running via service and use pstools
psservice utility to stop the service using a batch file, which then moves
the current logs to another directory, then restarts the service, creating
new logs, then at midnight i setup syslog to archive the directory by
renaming the files to a datetime stamp, it works for me that way, next step
for your request would be to use a command line send mail program and write
a batch file to send the logs from that location, syslog can be setup to run
a program/batch file at the end of the archival process.

Don