Snort mailing list archives

Re: Pretty Reports for Management

From: Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands () minmail net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:33:12 +0200

On Friday 31 May 2002 11:46 pm, Donna MacLeod wrote:
Hello all,

The management at my company would like some pretty Snort reports.  Maybe
with things they can click on and nice graphs :)  I'm sure this question
has been asked before, but what's everyone's favourite report generator?
I've found a bunch of them but figured I'd ask the experts their opinions
first.

Thanks,
Donna

for PHBs you just need one report that shows attacks repulsed vs money saved.

You need to define your terms better, what do they want to know.....?
I would probably find that out first, after that it depends on how you are
storing your data.

I have used snortsnarf, snort2html and acid.....  i wouldn't recommend letting
PHBs loose on acid ( allthough now i come to think about it, it does produce
some amusing images.......sorry,  I am getting sophomoric in my dotage).

Fine products all but if some simple canned reports are what are required....
you could look at mysql-new.php as a starting point
(it was recently posted to this list..needs a bit of user friendlying)

.