Snort mailing list archives

RE: barnyard over TCP

From: ChandlerH () match com
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:19:47 -0500

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but couldn't you obtain
the same functionality by syslog'ing the barnyard output log to a remote
syslog server?

I realize there are security implications of doing this, but if it achieves
the desired results, those are simple hurdles to overcome.

cheers,
Chandler