Snort mailing list archives

Re: Using Snort for Wireless

From: Nick Petroni <npetroni () cs umd edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:05:39 -0500 (EST)

Thanks AAron for pointing that out, I am just weeding out my inbox now so
I didn't reply earlier. As
AAron stated these patches are for 1.8.3. They only decode 802.11 data
frames (and keep minor statistics on the amount of management frames
seen). I have a patch for the current cvs tree that adds a flag for
dumping all 802.11 frames and am working on the plugins AAron mentioned
for some rules. I can make these available now, but would prefer to wait
until I get a little more work done.

nick

Nick L. Petroni, Jr.
Graduate Student, Computer Science