Snort mailing list archives

Same question again..

From: "C Boss" <cboss99 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:36:46 -0400

Guys, help me out here please. This is the second time I have put out this question. Is the question plain stupid or do you need more information. Please let me know.

"I want to log in a binary format and thus am using the -b option. I am also logging all alerts to syslog. So I have something like LOG_LOCAL7 LOG_ALERTS in the snort.conf file.

The problem is that if I use the -b oprion with Snort, I don't see any
alerts in the syslog.

Do the two don't work together ?"

Thanks.