Snort mailing list archives

[ANN] MacNIDS

From: Nick Zitzmann <nickzman () mac com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 04:27:45 -0700

Please accept my apologies if this is the wrong list to announce this...

I've been working on making a GUI program for Mac OS X (and OS X Server) that makes it easier for Mac users to set up and run Snort. It's at about version 0.6 right now, which means it's not entirely feature complete yet, but people can download it, try it out, and give me feedback. It's free.

You can take a look at it at the URL in my signature. If you get a "this site is down" message from the host, then wait 'til later and try again.

(Which gets me to a question: What does it take to get Snort-related tools hosted on www.snort.org or friends? My hosting provider, Apple iTools, slapped a bandwidth limit on which I think is unacceptably low, and I end up maxing it out way too often... Help?)

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/