Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort comparisons

From: Piotr Bulczak <piotr.bulczak () pl abb com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 20:52:09 +0200

I'm seeking any information people have on Snort vs  Cisco NetRanger
comparisons that may have been done professionally or for  educational
reasons. I'm seeking as
much info as possible to provide a fair  comparison of the two products
to my organization for IDS solutions. We don't  need gigabit performance or
anything, something that
does 100Mbps would be fine  for a lonnnnggg time. I'm a big fan of Snort,
but need more data to back my  position.

Look at the following web site:
http://www.nss.co.uk/

Take 2nd edition of IDS test or wait about one month for 3rd edition.

Regards,
Piotr