Snort mailing list archives

How to configure Logwatch

From: Kenny D <bitored2002 () yahoo com au>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 00:22:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I was looking at getting logwatch working.  I edited
/etc/log.d/logwatch.conf:

# Default Log Directory
# All log-files are assumed to be given relative to
this directory.
# This should be /var/log on just about all systems...
LogDir = /var/log/snort

hoping that it might pick up on the alert file that
lives there.

But now I'm thinking that I'll have to write my own
perl script under /etc/log.d/scripts. That scripts
directory seems to have service specific scripts in
it.

If this is the case, has anyone done this already?  I
am not a perl programmer but a network admin. What is
required to get logwatch to watch my snort logfile?

Thanks.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Save your important files online for easy access!