Snort mailing list archives

SnortSnarf version 020516.1 now available

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:36:30 -0700

Greetings everyone,

Silicon Defense is please to announce the release of a new release of SnortSnarf, version 020516.1. Here are the changes from the previous version:

+ SnortSnarf can now read from a Snort Mysql database; the SnortDBInput module is written and maintained by Ed Davison (Ed.Davison () bus utexas edu) + new -mintime=<time> and -maxtime=<time> let you control the time range of alerts you want included in the output [Ed Davison helped with this]
+ new -Xsid lets you exclude alerts from certain snort ids from being displayed
+ -usage option added
+ -modpath will show you the directories that SnortSnarf tries to gets its included files from and shows you which seem to have SnortSnarf components in them
+ -v shows the SnortSnarf version number
+ removed redundant listing of "top" links on start page [spotted by Russell Fulton]
+ documentation updated and Usage file improved

SnortSnarf is now an alert browsing option for a whole new class of Snort users thanks to the SnortDBInput module. Thanks to Ed Davison for writing this and making it available. He plans to send out a separate e-mail about the module.

Some users might find the three new input filters handy. And it should now be easier to find out about the 32 different command line options now that the is a -usage option and an improved Usage file.

You can download SnortSnarf and find out more from:

  http://www.silicondefense.com/software/snortsnarf/

Happy SnortSnarfing,

  Jim
--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|