Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Log Despoofer

From: Glenn Larsson <ichinin () swipnet se>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 22:31:04 +0200

ScotScot wrote:
Glenn,

Are you providing source code to your Despoofer App? I'm pretty cautious
about firing executables from unknown users. I think most would prefer to
compile their own after reviewing the code.

Just thought I would ask.

Thankz

Hi Scot.

Do note; It's beta, i've only tried it in my Home network so even i
can't tell
with 100% accuracy how it will behave, even though it just read the
Alert file
and send ICMP_Echo to the hosts; Hence the warning - Do not use the
program in
a production environment.

Anyways, i've been thinking about releasing the sourcecode, if i decide
release it it'll probably be on My page or Sourceforge. It won't happen
today though - maby Saturday/Sunday.

Regards,
Glenn