Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem getting Snort to Connect to PostgreSQL database

From: Roberto Suarez Soto <robe () alfa21 com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:36:13 +0200

On May/14, Brian Hughes wrote:

It's obvious that I've done something wrong, but was wondering if there
was somewere I could look to find a few more clues as to why the
connection to the database is failing?

        You've created the database called "snort" and put the right
parameters (host where postgres is, database to use, password, etc.) in your
config file, haven't you? That's the only thing I can think of that brings
that error :-m

        In case it helps, here's my output line for use with postgres:

output database: log, postgresql, sensor_name=my_sensor user=my_user
        dbname=snortreport password=guess_it host=localhost

        (but only in one line, not two as I've put here)

        Also, maybe you've not configured postgres to listen to TCP/IP
queries, or simply not configured the access to the database :-m Check your
/etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf file for the latter, and both this and
/etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf for the former.

        I think I don't forget anything, but in case I do, just ask :-)

--
Roberto Suarez Soto                                     Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe () alfa21 com                               http://www.alfa21.com