Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID Problem

From: Piotr Bulczak <piotr.bulczak () pl abb com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 06:31:25 +0200

I got this error today. Use the latest version of php, snort, apache
(1.3.24) and red hat 7.3
Alex, Brazil
[...]
PHP ERROR: Incompatible version: Version 4.2.0 of PHP is too old.
Please
upgrade to version 4.0.4 or later

Doesn't make sense to me, since 4.2.0 is newer than 4.0.4.  I'm running
on
RedHat 7.1 and the ACID distribution that came with Snort-v1.8.3 which
is
v0.9.6b11,  PHP-v4.2.0, and apache-v2.0.35 and mysql v3.23.49

ACID distribution that comes with Snort is very old. Use the newest one
instead (the last one is 0.9.6b21):
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/snortacid.html

Regards,
Piotr