Snort mailing list archives

Re: switch

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () brainMedia de>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:00:22 +0000

So, three clicks away:

http://www.netgear.com/switches_main.asp

Your switch does not have any management possibilities.

Regards,

Edin-

Alwin Raymundo schrieb:
Hi Everybody,

On Snort FAQ

Q: I'm on a switched network, can I still use Snort?

A: Being able to sniff on a switched network depends
on what type of switch is being used.  If the switch
can mirror traffic, then set the switch to mirror all
traffic to the snort machine's port.

I recently installed netgear Model FS 524. Does my
switch capable of mirroring the traffic?

Does anyone knows or HOWTO.  I want to learn about
this.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

brother in snort