Snort mailing list archives

-i any ?

From: Jev <jev () ecad org>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:41:33 +0100

Hi All,

I have seen mention of using '-i any' arg with snort in order to get it
to listen on all interfaces. I tried it on my multihomed freebsd
4.5-stable box (no less than 4 interfaces) and I get the following
error.

Log directory = /var/log/snort

Initializing Network Interface any
ioctl(SIOC*MTU): Device not configured
Automagic MTU discovery failed. Using default 1500ERROR: OpenPcap()
device any open:
        BIOCSETIF: any: Device not configured
        Fatal Error, Quitting..

Snort works fine when I specify one particular interface. Is the any
keyword related to the pcap lib?
Clarification greatly appreciated :)

-Jev

--
http://www.ecad.org/~jev/jev.gpg
Key fingerprint = 748B 2346 1683 6384 5E8D  4EE3 0807 EADB 999E AB95