Snort mailing list archives

Snort + Demarc Remote logging?

From: diwelf <diwelf () rogers com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 23:58:31 -0400

Hi,
I'm sure this is probably a really stupid question, But I just couldn't find my answer anywhere on google or in mailing lists. So, here goes.

What i'm trying to do is the following:

----> internet --> Openbsd (gateway/nat/snort) ->> switch ->> internal

What i'm trying to do, is get snort running on the openbsd box, then sending the logs it creates to a mysql server on my windows box, inside the network. I'm trying to monitor all the attempts on my firewall. I have mysql, apache +ssl, demarc installed on the windows box. Now, my question is, is this possible without running two copies of demarc? (one on the router, one on the windows box?). The logs seem to be getting sent to the database, i'm just unsure as to how to setup demarc to read them properly i guess. I've been trying for three days straight and i just can't figure this out. Or, is there a better solution? Thanks.

Matt
diwelf () nospam gmx net