Snort mailing list archives

RE: Unable to compile latest with MySQL on OpenBSD

From: "Wirth, Jeff" <WirthJe () DNB com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:58:38 -0400

From: Vadim Pushkin [mailto:wiskbroom () hotmail com]

Dah! This worked, still unable to see those options to configure :(

Under "Features and packages:" there is a general note....

        --x-includes=DIR                X include files are in DIR
        --x-libraries=DIR               X library files are in DIR

From: Vadim Pushkin [mailto:wiskbroom () hotmail com]
I have
"./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql"

and I have also tried
"./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql"

I installed 1.8.3 with no problems and I have it
pushing data right now into my mysql db.

have you tried configuring with...

./configure --with-mysql --with-mysql-includes=<PATH>
--with-mysql-libraries=<PATH>

see ./configure --help for more info.

- Jeff