Snort mailing list archives

Re: Enterprise deployment

From: Saad Kadhi <bsdguy () docisland org>
Date: 04 Feb 2002 09:39:57 +0100

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 22:44, Frank wrote:
Have snort log to a database.
IMHO, It's better to de-couple snort from the database logging since the
db will be "Internet miles" away. This is done by using the unified
output format of snort which will log in binary format (fast/efficient).
Then use barnyard to read the file & send the logs to the remote db. If
you wanna wrap this under an encrypted connection, you have many

Regards.
You can do this with a nice web interface in Demarc and ACID.