Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 1.8.4b1 dumping core

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:11:33 -0500

Any error messages?  Does it run for a while and core or right at
startup?  How have you set your HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET?

     -Marty

Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 09:34:50PM -0500, Martin Roesch wrote:
What output modes are you using?

Entirely the defaults.

I've just seen snort 1.8.4b1 dump core twice in close succession on my
FreeBSD 4.5 box.  I'm running with the default config file from the
latest CVS snort ruleset, modulo HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET.  Both
crashed in the same place:

Kris

   Part 1.2Type: application/pgp-signature

--
Martin Roesch - Founder/CEO, Sourcefire Inc. - (410)552-6999
Sourcefire: Professional-grade Snort Sensor and Management Console