Snort mailing list archives

RE: using Flex resp

From: Steve Halligan <agent33 () geeksquad com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:56:33 -0600

Do a 'make clean' before you make.

I've installed snort on my red hat linux ditribution and it
works really
good.
Browsing the documentation my attention as been catched by
the flex resp
feauture that permits to block bad traffic.
I've installed snort without the --enable-flexresp option in
the configure
command.
In the FAQ 5.6 the solution is to run again the ./configure with
--enable-flexresp option and reinstall the software.
the command: ./configure --enable-flexresp worked good, but
when I tried to
launch:
#make
I got the message: Nothing to be done for `all'
with the command
#make install
I got the message: make[1]: Entering directory `/snort/snort-1.8.3'
              make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
              make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
              make[1]: Leaving directory `/snort/snort-1.8.3'

How can I reconfigure my software to use the flex response?

Regards