Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cisco IDS blade in Catalys switch

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:59:40 -0700 (MST)

You might try the focus-ids mailing list, which we host.
http://securityfocus.com/archive/96
Cisco IDS stuff is a little off-topic for the Snort list, I think.

                                        Ryan

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Jerry A. Shenk wrote:

Does anybody know anything about the IDS blade in a Catalyst?  I'm working
with a company that purchased a Catalyst 6000 switch and an IDS blade but
they don't have a director anywhere.  Can this thing be used like a span
port or is there any other use for this thing without buying "Cisco Secure
Policy Manager (CSPM)" or "Cisco Secure Intrusion Detection Director"?