Snort mailing list archives

Re: Pre-processor Tuning

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:53:39 -0500

Hm, there's likely no easy way to do this unfortunately.  Some of the
preprocessors take tuning data, which one are you referring to in
particular?

     -Marty

On 1/28/02 4:23 PM, "Bob Wallis" <gobroncos () chartermi net> wrote:

It seems that my snort box is doing a good job of decoding packets with, for
instance, the unidecode pre-processor.  However, all the alerts are with
sources from my network.  Can I tune that somehow?

In rules, it's clear that one defines variables for the source that do not
include one's local network.  Can the same be done for the pre-processors?

I've looked around in confs and docs and I'm not seeing it.

Many thanks,

--
Martin Roesch - Founder/CEO Sourcefire Inc. - (410) 552-6999
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com