Snort mailing list archives

WinPcap

From: Niyi Ashiru <Nashiru () RESPONSE-CENTER COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:13:39 -0500

I have installed WinPcap ver 2.3 on a Win2000 Pro machine with an Intel (R)
Pro /100ve adapter, however Packet capture driver v2.3 does not appear on my
Local Area Connection Properties.
When I tested Snort on the machine it says
                        Intitializing Network Interface \
                        Error: Open Pcap<> FSM Compilation failed:
                                                      Sytax error
                        Pcap Command : Files\Sourcefire\Snort\Snort.conf -I
C:\Program
                        Files\Sourcefire\Snort -A full _h any
                        Fatal error, Quitting
What could I do to install WinPcap correctly?

Thanks.