Snort mailing list archives

mySQL database and snort

From: Frank Carreiro <fcarreiro () loweryinc com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:58:09 -0700

I'm running snort with a mySQL backend. Does anyone have any tips/thoughts/comments on how to automate maintaince of the database? Basically I'd like to remove snort entries older than 30/60 days. I'm hoping someone has already come up with a solution. I'm still playing around with sql scripting. Haven't been able to figure it out (yet).

Also, there are some entries / attacks I'd like to learn more about. For example I seen an entry for the ICMP ping speedra and would like to learn more about what this is. Whitehat.com website doesn't resolve and ARIS didn't have anything.

Much appeciated.  Excellent product guys!

Frank