Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort rules from snort.org and sourceforge

From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:58:46 -0600

-> -----Original Message-----
-> From: Brian (Automail) [mailto:bmc () snort org]
-> Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 9:42 PM
-> To: Ronneil Camara
-> Cc: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
-> Subject: Re: [Snort-users] snort rules from snort.org and sourceforge
->
-> Both.  the signatures from snort.org are maintained in CVS.
-> We automagicly
-> pull them once every $REGULARBASIS (don't remember off the
-> top of my head.
-> once an hour seems right, but not sure) and generate the tgz.
->
-> Not very long from now we are going to be adding new
-> features to the signatures
-> so we will be maintaining the signatures in both CURRENT and
-> SNORT_1_8.  When
-> that starts happening, there will be two seperate files for
-> sigs available
-> from snort.org
->
-> When this happens, notificataion will be sent to
-> snort-users, snort-sigs and
-> posted to the website.

Ok. It's because, the date in http://www.snort.org/downloads.html#1.14
confused me. It's outdated.