Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Ron Rosson <insane () oneinsane net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:36:11 -0000

Sorry subject was supposed to be...

"snort 1.8.3 + barnyard beta4 + acid 0.9.6b19"

Ron Rosson <insane () oneinsane net> said:

 Here is my command line of snort:

 snort -D -i qe0

 Here is my command line for barnyard

 barnyard -c /etc/snort/barnyard.conf -d /var/log/snort/ -f snort.log \
 -w /var/log/snort/waldo.barnyard

 Other than my network variables being shown here, here is my snort.conf

 Preprocessors:
      preprocessor frag2
      preprocessor stream4: detect_scans
      preprocessor stream4_reassemble
      preprocessor http_decode: 80 -unicode -cginull
      preprocessor rpc_decode: 111
      preprocessor bo: -nobrute

  Output plugins:
         output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 128

  Here is my barnayard.con

  processor dp_alert
  processor dp_log
  output alert_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server
myserver, user s
  nort, password mysnort
  output log_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server myserver,
user snor
  t, password mysnort, detail full

  Now when I started it for the first time it made acid's tcp line 100%
  and that is it. Everything else is all 0's

TIA
Ron

--

Ron Rosson                                    ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                                        rm -rf *