Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: (Snort-users) Disabling rules without touching the origi

From: Marcus Spading <linuxnews () fragmentum net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:03:54 +0100

* sandro.poppi () wacker com <sandro.poppi () wacker com> [020103 07:36]:
did you already try using pass rules? This helped me (and of course a lot of
others too ;). Adding the command line option -o is then required. For your

Yes I already tried that one. It seemed to work, but ...

For more information take a look on the excellent snort manual.

.. after reading the manual a third time, I decided it is safer not to use
the -o option, especially because I am relativly new to snort and I don't
want a bad crafted pass rule to throw away important alerts that otherwise
would have been logged.

--
BCNU
Marcus