Snort mailing list archives

RE: Flexresp

From: "Bill Shaffer" <billshaffer () smsd org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:06:18 -0600

To elaborate on what Chris stated yes Flexrep gives you the ability to
send RST packets to the hostile computer and to your stations but this
is not fully functioning with win32, this is still in beta. The other
problem that has been stated is that while the crafted packet is being
constructed your computer (if on a fast network) can reply to the
hostile packet before snort can send the RST packet.

Anyone can please correct me if I said that wrong...

Hope this helps,
Bill