Snort mailing list archives

RE: Rules Problem

From: "Turner Ryan S CONT KPWA" <TurnerRS () kpt nuwc navy mil>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:30:24 -0800

I remember being in your shoes, theres some things here and there that could
be clarified in the demarc installation guide, I've even thought about
making a few mods and resubmitting it to them. If my memory serves me right
you need to specify the full path to the rules in snort.conf.

include bad-traffic.rules
include C:\snort\bad-traffic.rules

If that doesn't work let me know, I think I'm going to be playing with those
toys today anyways. I've only been testing it here and there, so I'm by no
means a demarc pro.