Snort mailing list archives

UDP Alerts

From: "Frank Reid" <fcreid () ourcorner org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 08:34:28 -0500

I suspected there was a differing definition for "authentication" being used
during the discussion!

On an unrelated note, is anyone (everyone) seeing streaming media sources
(Akamai, RealMedia, AOL and others) trigger the "BAD-TRAFFIC udp port 0"
alert?  I have to disable that alert manually on each update as a result.
Is there ever a case where one must watch this traffic for surreptitious
activity?

Frank