Snort mailing list archives

any guidane would be appreciated...papers?

From: "Que Jaleo" <jale0 () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:52:23 +0000

All:

I work for a large company who really cares about "the bottom line" and security for responsibility's sake is not in the forefront of management's "checklist"...are there any good papers out there for Snort (or any Snort derivative IDS that specs out Security Requirements and how Snort is intended to address these requirements that I could sort of use as a template to tailor my own so that I could justifiy this as the "right thing to do"?

Preferably one that ties the product into a process that can easily snap into generic Security Policies and procedures?

(I know there is no such thing as a generic policy...but just trust me on this one...) :)

Security Managers/Directors... you all know what I am talking about ;)

Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jale0