Snort mailing list archives

AW: Problem installing SNORT on Red Hat 7.2

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:09:19 +0100

You try to install the postfres enabled version of snort. libpq can be found
in the postgresql-libs package on RedHat. You also might have to install
additional packages to satisfy dependencies of postgresql-libs, but I don't
now which because I use mysql ;)

HTH,
Sandro

Hi.

I have been trying to install the .rpm file for Snort
on my system but I get a message saying "libpq.so.2.0
is needed by snort".

This is a dependency failure. Can anyone tell me what
this is and how to solve it.

Thanks