Snort mailing list archives

Re: Solaris 5.7 Compiling Problem /w mySQL

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:17:34 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Kevin L Pawloski wrote:

I'm having a problem installing Snort on my Solaris 5.7 box. I am
compiling wiht MySQL support, GCC version 2.95

[...snip...]

uncompress
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
compress
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to snort
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Well, from what that says: "/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so"
knows nothing about the symbols 'compress' or 'uncompress'.  Check and make
sure that zlib (update to 1.1.4 if you're not already) is known and linked
with it.  Try a 'ldd /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so' and see
what you come up with.

Did you build the mysql package on another box and move it over?

I have a problem on a different Solaris box with a missing link to
libmysqlclient.so.10 but I can seem to fix this. Perhaps I am missing
something here... I have tried compiling with and without the mysql
directory defined also and that has made no difference.

I'm assuming you _want_ MySQL support.  :)  If not use the ./configure
--with-out-mysql to skip it.  It seems that mysql isn't quite installed right
on the sensor you're trying to deploy on.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy