Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users]Newbie needs help!!

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:37:37 -0800

Hello Sean,

At 5:56 PM -0800 3/21/02, lsd kuyeh wrote:
Dear all users,

I shifted my SnortSnarf directory to my /var/log/snort
folder and I run snortsnarf as below and the following
message appears:

[root@dee snort]# nice ./snortsnarf.pl alert
portscan.log
syntax error at ./snortsnarf.pl line 155, near "}"
Execution of ./snortsnarf.pl aborted due to
compilation errors.

Why is this error message appears?

I haven't heard of any problems like this before. What version of SnortSnarf are you using?

It wasn't clear, but it sounds like you recently moved SnortSnarf. Did everything get copied over correctly? You might check that. For that matter, you might try upgrading to the latest version to see if that helps.

Good luck,

  Jim

P.s. Also check out the SnortSnarf-users mailing list.
--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|