Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Alert description

From: Roberto Suarez Soto <robe () alfa21 com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:45:58 +0100

On Jan/11, Michael Pickert wrote:

is there a place where I can find a complete description of all snort
alerts? I running snort since 6 months or so, but its still often hard
to find out what an alert means, because I`m in business for just a
year. every help would me great!

        There are several alerts that have a "bugtraq-id". You can find more
about these looking at http://www.securityfocus.com/cgi-bin/vulns.pl.

        The problem is that one of the sources of more information, arachNIDS,
seems to be down since a while ago. I know this question arises from time to
time, but ... does anyone know if it's going to be online again?

PS: did you realize you included AN AWFUL LOT of emails in your message? Try
to remove everything that doesn't matter to your question, please :-)

--
Roberto Suarez Soto                                     Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe () alfa21 com                               http://www.alfa21.com