Snort mailing list archives

Latest WINDOWS Snort Beta Binaries Available - 1.8.3 b89

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:53:20 -0800

To all Windows users of Snort:

Please read all the notices below.

The latest 1.8.3 BETA binaries have been compiled and are now available
on our site. There are 5 flavors available:

Snort 1.8.3b89 Release
Snort 1.8.3b89 MySQL Release
Snort 1.8.3b89 MySQL/FlexResp Release
Snort 1.8.3b89 FlxResp Release
Snort 1.8.3b89 MSSQL Release

Notice: There is a NEW and improved LibnetNT.dll that is included with
the Flexible Response binaries. Hopefully this will fix some of the
problems that we were having. Be SURE to place the Packet file into the
Snort folder along with the LibnetNT.dll file.

Notice to all our clients: We will ONLY be supporting the RELEASE
versions of Snort 1.7.1, Snort 1.8.1, Snort 1.8.2, and 1.8.3 at this
time.

Notice to all Windows XP users: We have a patch for WinPcap available
that will allow you to run Snort. This patch is NOT supported by anyone.
We are waiting for an official RELEASE version of WinPcap by the
programmer that will include support for the latest Windows operating
system called "Windows XP". This patch has been working fine for several
weeks and will be located on our download page.

Link to Downloads:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm

Link to Documentation:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/windows.htm

Happy Snorting, and remember - We are the #1 provider for Snort Support,
in the world.

-Mike

Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
  Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
    Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
  Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician