Snort mailing list archives

Whee! Snort is Working! (...Damn, SnortSnarf Isn't.)

From: "Robinson, Eric R." <erobinson () dot state nv us>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:47:30 -0800

I just installed Snort and SnortSnarf for Windows using Micahel Steele's
very detailed instructions at www.silicondefense.com.

Snort is running as a service, and is generating alerts. I ran a port scan
and some other tests against the snort machine, and I can see files and
folders being created under c:\inetpub\wwwroot\logs, and the alert.ids file
is getting updated.

However, when I run snortsnarf using the command given in the instructions,
which is:

c:\snort\snortsnarf\snortsnarf.pl -d c:\inetpub\wwwroot\logs -dns -db
c:\snort\snortsnarf\ann-dir\annotation-base.xml -cgidir http://localhost\cgi
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\logs\alert.ids

The index.html file does not change.

What's up with that?