Snort mailing list archives

Still problems compiling socket prog on W2K

From: "Dr. Richard W. Tibbs" <ccamp () oakcitysolutions com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:56:17 -0500

Folks:
I have obtained copies of all the header files under
snort/win32/WIN32-Includes
and its various subdirectories, in order to compile a socket program,
which works fine under linux.
On Win2K, however, I am still missing a few key definitions.

The chief problem is no socket.h , and specifically the definition of socklen_t typedef from the *nix world. No such thing in winsock or winsock2.h, and no such definition in any of the WIN32-Includes files or subdirectories -- I did a search. Where can I get the legal equivalent of socket.h? Is there a different set of typedefs for windows sockets than for *nix. Warning, newbie at work here.... ;-)

Also, BTW, the definition of snprintf is not found, although the config.h file #defines HAVE_SNPRINTF. It was easy enough to transfer snprintf.h&c over to win2k and they compile ok.
Also u_char is missing, which is clearly unsigned char -- easy workaround.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Keep in mind I am not simply taking an entire snort source distrib and running it through MS visual studio. I have a small socket program which has worked fine for months under Linux, and all I ever needed to compile it there was config,snort,decode,debug,event, and spo_aler_unixsock.h So I am trying to do this without the entire dad-blamed source code in the loop! Have mercy!

Thanks in advance >>RWT