Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort183 -A unsock on W2K

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 13 Mar 2002 22:49:14 -0600

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 09:47, Dr. Richard W. Tibbs wrote:

Hey all:
I downloaded and installed the standard snort pkg for Win32 with IDS
center.   I am trying to use the -A unsock feature, which I have used
for months on a Linux setup with no problems.  I include snort.h and
several other header files in the compile of my socket program, but
under Windoze, MS visual studio can't find
pcap.h

I looked around via file search and no pcap.h, although I have
downloaded and installed Winpcap as per the snort-for-windows
instructions.... .
Looking at snort.h, it doesn't seem like the pcap.h file is unique to
*nix, i.e. it is not enclosed with #ifndef WIN32 / #endif.

So my socket prog won't compile on W2K.  Any ideas?
The MS visual studio/VC98/include directory has bazillions of other .h
files, but no pcap.h.

I'm not sure what Snort package you downloaded, but grab the source from
the Snort CVS. In the directory snort/win32/WIN32-Includes is where you
find pcap.h.

Regards,
Frank