Snort mailing list archives

RE: Newbie needs help!!!

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:21:22 -0800

At 8:48 PM -0500 3/12/02, McCammon, Keith wrote:
1) No.
2) Yes.

To elaborate on Keith's reply to #2 here. time-modules is needed. Everything in 'include' is needed except for the SISR stuff, which you need only if you are using SISR. You don't need the CGI stuff (in fact you don't even need a web server), but you won't have access to certain functionality such as annotations, "fresh grab" and SISR. -- Jim

3) You don't "link" anything.  And no.

Sorry to be short, but everything that you asked is spelled out clear as
day in the documentation.